April 13, 2008

White Trash, & Proud of it!?

Astro Turf!
NO more WHITE TRASH!  I love what my brother Karl said about the Brady Bunch!  I can see it now.. sweeping my back yard, just like Jan.  Now thats something to be proud of!!
Because of our lack of a nice (or any at all) community pool (like the Sierra).  We have one of those huge 3000 gallon water ones that we put up in the summer.  This has completely ruined our yard for the Spring, Fall, & Winter seasons, so my brilliant conclusion... Astr0 Turf!
Although it may look tacky, no weeding, no mowing, no mud! & you can have a picnic with out the bugs!  So far, so happy!  Life is good being "White Trash!"  All we need is some plastic flamingos (thanks for the idea Julie!!)

Jameson(friend) & Ellie

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Mimi,

I saw your blog through others in the Caldwell ward that also blog! Your posts always put a smile on my face. You are really funny! I love the Turf. Some of my friends in Utah did that for their front yard. They love and their front yard is green year round.
It is so good to keep in contact through blogs. Your girls are really growing up! Sounds like your family is doing well. I try to post weekly so hopefully you can continue to read about the latest happenings with our family.

Mel said...

So do you vacuum it? Is that how PWT keep it clean?

Momma Mimi said...

YOu are SO funny!, Christian keeps calling it "carpet". So, maybe I do? I don't know? Good question. Maybe a leaf blower? Whats PWT?

Lexie said...

I am lovin' the turf! Hey at least you have a yard, we have a little blow up pool too. Only we live in a condo with no yard, so we set it up out in the grass in front of everyone else's condos. It was pretty ghetto! There are pics on my blog under, June 2007. So don't feel too bad, we can be white trash together!

Zachary said...

I LOVE the 'turf! I tip my mesh trucker's hat to you, raise a can of the finest root beer, and then wipe my mouth with the wife-beater shirt I am wearing.

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought of was the Brady Bunch backyard, and the Brady Bunch is anything BUT white trash. I remember on one episode, one of the kids was sweeping it. You're a nut Mimi.

rsheedy said...

I'm with Rob & Lexie...at least you have a yard! I'm cracking up at the thought of you vacuuming it though. Good times, for sure!

Anonymous said...

Love the astro turf! And your gardner is sexy! He should do it nude next time, take more photos!
80 trival pursuit sounds fun, lets play it when your here this summer.