April 07, 2008

Home Invasion!!!

I was telling my friend Ben about my day today, after taking the kids to school I walked to my chiropractor for some neck alignment, when I got home I found that I had locked myself out.  No keys on my person.  I have done this before, well lots of times before, sometimes I get lucky with the car unlocked and a key in there or I'll have my purse on me with another key, not today.  luckily the sliding door if you shack it comes unlocked - BUT, we keep a piece of wood there so it can only open to exactly 6 1/2'' (Christian had to measure).  I've had to Jimmy myself in once before, but this time was MUCH harder - I hate to blame it on weight, but what other excuse do I have?  Maybe my "upper pillows" have filled in?.  Unfortunately, it was my lower half that was giving me the "biggest" problem.  I got stuck right on my pelvis, I swore it was gonna crack - finally after enough pushing I popped out!  Anyway, back to Ben, he thought it would be fun for me to reenact it for posterity's sake.  Just kidding - he just thought it would be fun to add to the blog - So here's a still reenactment for your viewing pleasure.... Thanks for the picture, Christian!  I guess I'll be back to the chiropractor tomorrow!  Oh! and don't mind that messy pile behind me - putting away Easter Crap.

5 comments:

liza said...

MIMI!!! You need to give me a key so I can come and bail you out. The old one you gave me does not work. I have tried breaking into your house before but I was not successful.

Momma Mimi said...

good idea! but that would only work if I had my phone on me. But hey, one less situation for being locked out! thanks your a true friend!

Shandis said...

Do you have a cast? Did you break your wrist? Please explain!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for indulging me Mimi - that was an even tighter fit than I imagined! I'm going to second Shandis' question - what happened to your wrist?

Momma Mimi said...

First off, no thats not a cast, they're fingerless gloves- a hole nother (cute) story, I'll publish it.
I did NOT break anything, howere, my pubic(?)bone is bruised and tender, a bruise in a big line on my thigh, a line bruise on my arm and I notted up my back pretty bad. But thats all! No broken bones!