May 26, 2008

Memorial weekend

  • Ellie's Owie, parental supervision advised!
Not for the faint of heart!!
BBQ,BBQ, and BBQ.  Memorable? Yes.  We started out by having a wonderful BBQ at the Spencers, conversation and food was perfect until.... Ellie starts crying, Madeline's yelling she has a very high threshold for pain, maybe its because of the brain surgery?  When she cries, she has hurt herself.  So Christian runs into the house and bring Ellie outside, blood on her pants, shirt, hands, face, I might as well say everywhere. Christian removes the moistened paper towel and I forgot to contain my reaction - which of course caused more reaction from everyone, Rebecca saves the day by saying through her teeth "its not the bad."  Anyways, we leave Maddie with our Rebecca and Gary, they make and frost sugar cookies.  We dash off to take Ellie and head to the hospital.  They did 25-30 stitches inside and around 20 on the outside (we have to have removed).  They wrap her arms in a pillow case and then in a blue straight jacket, so we pretended that she was in a cocoon, and she'll come out a butterfly.  I think she fell asleep during the procedure!  They had to do 2 layers of stitches = about 40.  Ouch! 
So, Ellie must be running inside (no witnesses), she must of slipped on the floor matt that is on a well-polished pergo floor - right onto her chin.
  • That night we had our 8 (wo)man tent set up on the astroturf, I have to say that was rather cool!  The kids an I decided to surprise daddy, and put the tent up ourselves, I was rather surprised that Christian was anything BUT excited (after 11 years, I always thought he liked camping!) - I guess not.  oops!  Owell the kids had a great time Madeline had her BFF over for the night.  Christian trooped it out but, ironically I was the one ending up in my own bed a t 4 in the morning!  Am I a sissy or what?? 
 

Monday, another BBQ, Madeline went swimming - sad for Ellie (can't get her stitches wet), so we took her to Blockbuster and let her pick out a movie.  And she gets a sleepover tonight.

10 comments:

The Lund Five said...

Poor Ellie! That looks so painful. I hope that she heals up quickly. Other than that it looks like you had a fun and nice weekend!

rsheedy said...

Oh that is horrible! How scary! I hope she is feeling better! On the other hand, your campout looks like fun. :)

Smiley Family said...

WOW, 40 stitches?!! So, how exactly did it happen? Poor girl, she split it open pretty good! She will definitely have a scar.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Oi! Ouch! That looks bad. I don't know if any mother could refrain from reacting to that wound. Poor thing-hope she feels better soon.

Zachary said...

Holy Moly! How DID that happen? I hope she recovers quickly!

PS - Glad you are posting again! You've been missed.

Lizza said...

Poor Ellie, she gets the brunt. How did she fall? At least you have insurance, right. Isn't that sad that that's the first thing that comes to my mind...

The Wright's said...

OW! You never did say what happened? Time for another post??

Momma Mimi said...

YOur Wright! HA ha! Ill add it now.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry that your cute Ellie broke her face open at my house ... Next time, we'll come to your house for the bbq.
At least, the sleep over looks like it was lots of fun!

EmJay said...

Ouch! That is so sad. She looks really brave in that papoose/strait jacket thing.