August 13, 2008

Montana!

We had a relatively nice drive into Montana.  WE hit a dear and saw a whole mountain on fire!  With helicopters a planes and everything trying to put it out!  The drive back, about 4 hours was much, much more boring!
Fortine. 
 I was curious of the population of Fortine.  In 2005 it was around 230!  So I can't imagine what it was 25 years ago, when I lived there!
Right thru the doors behind us, was grandpas work shop.  I remember, while living there that after a big rain there was frogs or toads covering everywhere!  I help grandpa sweep them outside!  It was raining frogs! 
This is the modernized home that grandpa and family made.... They should of kept it in a log cabin style!
EUREKA!
This is where I went to kindergarden!  I remember playing farmer and the Dale with my class, right on this side walk!
Grandpa Lifferth (mom's dad) tombstone.  Uncle Wes made it, absolutely beautiful!  It has all thirteen of the kids represented in to slates in between grandmas and grandpas, also the picture is of grandpa with his sons and a model airplane & grandma reading to the girls.
It was funny we were in Eureka getting pizza and I asked the guy there were the cemetery is and  he immediately asked if I was Henry Lifferts Kin.  Another great thing about small towns!
O' and we left him some Cinnamon bear on his stone, just felt like we should leave something, and we all know how he LOVEs sugar!

Dikie Lake - part of the Glacier National Park
Me and my nephew Jacob, the water was a clear as drinking water! I am standing and even in the ripples you can see the bottom!
Amy (Christian's sister) and her cute group came with us.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

I miss our family trips to Montana. Thank you for posting all these pictures. It brings back such amazing memories. Ahh...Fortine. Is there another place like it anywhere? I certainly hope not.