June 17, 2008

Kindergarden Graduation!

Ceremony
Christian has been leaving late to work this past month or so to get the kids off to school - "cuz of my med.'s I can't get my rear out of bed until at least 10 am.  Luckily the girls know "how" to get ready - they are just not always efficient.  
Ellie had her class graduation this morning and Christian called me with a warning that all the other girls where wearing frilly dresses and that Ellie's hair was a mess.  So I charge on down to the school, pull her out of class, show her the dress and shoes I brought and the plan to fix her hair.  She takes my hand and says "I'm fine mom, I'm fine."  and went back in to her class.  I sighed and assured myself that I was being the better mom by letting her "be(dress)who(how)she wants to.  So I find me a comfy chair anticipating the ceremony.  All went well.  and she looked fabulous sporting her rats nest hair dew. (at least she matches?)

4 comments:

Zachary said...

I think it is a good sign that she has a strong enough personality to do that. She MUST be related to Jen's boy Jake. Kids are hilarious!

rsheedy said...

I love it. These kids sure have a mind of their own, don't they?! :)

Nathan and Esther said...

I hear that rat's nest hair is the latest rage.

Lizza said...

So Ellie. How I love that girl and her personality. I woke up with a nasty headache last Sunday and made Jared take the kids to church. He changed Brenna's diaper and put a dress on her and off they went. Her hair was a total rat's nest and she had no shoes. I'll have to post the picture. It still makes me laugh.